Intellectual Property Litigation | DeWitt LLP
Recognized as leaders in the Intellectual Property (IP) field by IAM Patent 1000, IP Stars, Martindale-Hubbell, World Trademark Review, and others – our attorneys work with clients around the world in all matters related to IP. If you are faced with an Intellectual Property (IP) litigation issue, turn to the strength and experience of DeWitt’s IP litigation team, which has successfully represented the IP interests of clients in federal and state courts across the country. Whether faced with patent litigation, a patent post grant proceeding, a trademark or copyright dispute, trademark opposition and cancellation proceeding or any other IP litigation matter – DeWitt’s team of seasoned attorneys understands the many nuances involved with intellectual property litigation matters.
- More than 130 attorneys
- Offices in Green Bay, Madison, Metro Milwaukee, and Minneapolis
- International clientele
- Large, publicly traded clients
- Small, local business clients
- Proven track record of success
- Ability to "Right-Size" the team in response to case demands
- Service as local Minnesota and Wisconsin counsel for firms across the country and around the world
Experience and Results
DeWitt attorneys have represented clients in state and federal courts throughout the U.S., foreign courts and administrative tribunals, U.S. Customs Enforcement, and administrative proceedings such as PTAB, TTAB and ex parte reexaminations.
- $4.2 Million Jury Verdict – Software Theft
- $2.5 Million Jury Verdict – Trade Secret Theft
- $4.1 Million Jury Verdict – Copyright Infringement
- $3.25 Million Jury Verdict – Trademark Infringement
- $23 Million Jury Verdict – Breach of Cross License
- Copyright Defense - $0 Jury Verdict – Case Dismissed
- Copyright Infringement -- Injunction Granted, Damages Settled
- Trade Dress and Copyright Infringement -- $0 Settlement, Case Dismissed
- Trademark Dilution Defense –Case Settled, $0 paid, Client Still Using Mark
- Patent Troll Defense – Troll’s Patent Invalidated
- Patent Troll Defense - $0 – Cases Dismissed
- Opponent’s Patent Invalidated - PTO
- Successful Defense of Patents in Inter Parties Reviews – PTO
- Successfully Invalidated Patents in Inter Parties Reviews – PTO
- Opponent’s Trademarks
- Trade Secret Defense—Settled, Commissions Paid to Client
- Patent Infringement Settlement After Trial Victory – Successfully Represented Patent Owner in Infringement Action in Medical
Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Trade Secrets, and Patent Trolls
DeWitt has the strength and experience to be your legal team. Our patent litigation practice includes:
- Representing patent owners and accused infringers in courts throughout the U.S.
- Prosecuting and defending clients in Inter Parties Review and Reexamination Proceedings in the USPTO
- Coordinating litigation efforts in foreign tribunals
We know how to develop and implement strategies that work.
Results speak volumes. That is why major media companies, software companies, jewelers, musician, photographers, authors, and other artists regularly look to DeWitt to enforce their rights and defend them in copyright disputes.
DeWitt’s IP litigation team’s trademark practice includes:
- Enforcement and defense of trademark claims in court
- Working with the U.S. Customs Service
- Prosecution and defense of client rights in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Protecting client’s foreign trademark rights throughout the world
Trade secrets are now protected by both state and federal law. Non-disclosure, non-solicitation and non-compete agreements often go beyond the trade secret statutes. DeWitt’s litigation team regularly defends the rights of companies and individuals all such matters.
Slaying Patent Trolls
DeWitt IP litigators have a proven track record defeating patent trolls. We understand how patent trolls operate and our attorneys have repeatedly defeated them. One troll’s patent was held both invalid and unenforceable due to inequitable conduct. Even in the courts that trolls prefer, DeWitt attorneys have repeatedly defeated them resulting in court dismissals with $0 paid to the troll.
Learn More About DeWitt's Intellectual Property Litigation Services
For more information about DeWitt's Intellectual Property Litigation team please contact email@example.com.