- J.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School
- B.A., cum laude, Wake Forest University
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Chase is a litigator, trial attorney, and equity partner with more than a decade of experience at DeWitt LLP. His practice focuses on complex litigation in federal and states courts, primarily in the areas of construction law, commercial and contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, and personal injury matters. No matter how much is in dispute, Chase approaches every client and case with the same experience, care, and attention to detail, from a small claim matter to a multimillion-dollar complex business dispute.
Although Chase strives to resolve every case for his clients pretrial, he recognizes that a pretrial resolution is not always feasible. Yet in an era when fewer and fewer cases go to trial, Chase has significant trial experience, including several week-long jury trials involving complex trademark infringement claims and business disputes.
He also prides himself on his ability to keep his clients informed about the litigation process. To that end, Chase strives to help his clients view litigation as a business decision where the client is advised throughout about the costs and risks associated with the legal process.
In addition to Chase’s litigation practice, he also counsels and advises employers on a wide range of employment-related matters, with an emphasis on assisting employers implement preventative measures to minimize the risk of future litigation. This includes, but is not limited to, preparing and devising policies to comply with a variety of state and federal laws, such as the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Chase also serves as the Town Attorney for a local municipality where he oversees a variety of the Town’s legal matters, including municipal prosecutions, land use acquisitions and disputes, and local regulations.
- American Bar Association
- Community Around The Children's Hospital - CATCH
- Dane County Bar Association
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
- Middleton Outreach Ministry - MOM
- United Way of Dane County
Awards & Recognitions
- Bruce Beilfuss Memorial Scholarship for outstanding service to the University of Wisconsin Law School
- Wisconsin Rising Stars® (Civil Litigation) – 2018-2019
- Obtaining a multimillion-dollar settlement in contested personal injury action involving defective over-the-road trucking equipment
- Successfully obtained a complete defense verdict following a six-day jury trial in a multimillion-dollar business and contractual dispute where his clients were also awarded attorneys’ fees for a civil theft counterclaim
- Successfully represented a general contractor’s defense in a contentious municipal bid award under Wisconsin’s public bidding statutes
- Represented nationwide company with business and shareholder disputes in obtaining a favorable interpretation of client-purchase and deferred compensation agreements
- Representation of a concentrated animal feeding operation (CAFO) in Wisconsin throughout the permitting process at both the local and state level