J. Wesley WebendorferAttorney
- Email Me
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Download V-Card
- J.D., cum laude, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude, Marquette University
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
Wes is an environmental attorney and partner. His practice focuses on environmental remediation, landfill regulation, water rights, and land use. Wes represents the regulated community. He guides manufacturers, developers, and landfills through disputes with the government and private parties to achieve successful outcomes. Clients often call on Wes to enforce their rights under federal and state environmental laws. Wes has successfully litigated cases for his clients involving claims under CERCLA (Superfund), the Clean Water Act (CWA), and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), among others.
Wes has significant experience drafting legislative proposals and administrative rules to help clients achieve their public policy goals in the State of Wisconsin. Wes frequently advises companies and trade associations on political law compliance, including issues relating to campaign finance, ethics, and lobbying.
Wes also has experience in municipal law. He represents clients before zoning boards, plan commissions, and other local government bodies in Wisconsin.
Prior to joining DeWitt, Wes served as a staff attorney in the civil division of the Milwaukee County Circuit Court and as a legislative aide in the office of the Wisconsin Senate President. During law school, Wes was the Executive Articles Editor of the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal.
Articles & Presentations
- “Winning a Contract for Services with the State of Wisconsin” – Association of Corporate Counsel-Wisconsin Chapter, August 2018
- “Challenging a State Agency Regulation” – Wisconsin Lawyer, Vol. 90, No. 10, November 2017
Awards & Recognitions
- InBusiness Madison’s Professional of the Week, 2019
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Wisconsin Law Journal 2018
- State Bar of Wisconsin Certificate of Commendation – Writing Excellence In Wisconsin Lawyer 2017
- Assisted a landowner to obtain a favorable outcome in a CERCLA case
- Worked with a major Wisconsin-based manufacturer to seamlessly comply with financial assurance regulations under the RCRA and CERCLA environmental programs
- Advocated on behalf of multiple trade associations to obtain favorable policy outcomes when engaging with the Wisconsin Legislature and executive branch
- Guided multiple businesses through the State of Wisconsin’s procurement process
- Advised businesses and trade associations on compliance with Wisconsin’s complex campaign finance regulatory system