- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
- B.S., with honors, University of Southern California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
Shannon provides legal counsel and support throughout all aspects of her representation, including crisis management. She works closely with both her business and individual clients to develop appropriate strategies to address their specific concerns. Shannon believes that taking the time to get to know her client, at the beginning of the relationship, is paramount in working together towards achieving the client’s goals.
In recent years, Shannon has served as a court-appointed personal representative, special administrator, and trustee in several counties throughout Wisconsin. She also litigates contested estate and trust matters.
Shannon’s practice focuses on business litigation, employment counseling and employment litigation, and fiduciary litigation. She is an experienced civil litigator, who counsels and guides her clients through the pitfalls of the litigation process.
Shannon’s cases are diverse in nature and she litigates and tries cases in both federal and state courts. As part of her litigation practice, Shannon is routinely retained by national in-house corporate counsel and/or outside litigation counsel to provide local representation and trial support in cases venued throughout Wisconsin.
Shannon’s employment law practice includes advising employers on various routine employment law matters including employee handbook issues, hiring, firing and discrimination matters. Shannon represents businesses and individuals in administrative law proceedings involving unemployment compensation, workers compensation and employment discrimination, including before the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development and its Equal Rights Division as well as in state and federal courts.
- Vice President – Milwaukee Bar Association Foundation (2022-present)
- Director – Milwaukee Bar Association Foundation (2018-2021)
- Past-President – Milwaukee Bar Association (2018-2019)
- President – Milwaukee Bar Association (2017-2018)
- Director – Milwaukee Bar Association (2012-2016)
- Mentor – Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association – The Honorable Charles N. Clevert, Jr. Mentoring Program (2014-2015, 2018-2019)
- Mentor - Ready. Set. Practice; State Bar of Wisconsin Mentoring Program (2023)
Awards & Recognitions
- Fellow – Wisconsin Law Foundation (2017-Present)
- Super Lawyers® in Wisconsin – Business Litigation (2013-2022)
- Top 25 Women Lawyer Super Lawyers® in Wisconsin (2015-2022)
- Top 50 Lawyer Super Lawyers® in Wisconsin (2017)
- Women in the Law by Wisconsin Law Journal (2014)
- “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers® in Wisconsin (2006-2007)
Client Recommendations“Shannon is aggressive, when necessary, in representing my company’s business interests. She provides legal advice when I need it, which is often after-hours since my dealerships are open seven days a week.” – Joe Laux, President, River States Truck & Trailer, Inc.
- Elected to serve as a Condemnation Commissioner by the First Judicial District, Milwaukee County Circuit Court (2021-2024)
- Milwaukee Justice Center - Pro Bono Attorney (2013 - Present)
- Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society (2019, 2020, 2022)
Service Area Subspecialties
- Trusts and Estates
- Will & Trust Litigation
- Trust Administration