- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
- B.A., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Supreme Court
Michael represented individuals from all walks of life impacted by personal injury or the death of a loved one due to the negligence of others. When faced with the tragedy of the death of a loved one, or when serious bodily injuries result from the negligent conduct of others, people from all walks of life and throughout Wisconsin turned to Michael for help. During more than 40 years of law practice, he was consistently successful in helping individuals and families obtain fair compensation for their injuries, damages and losses.
Consistently ranked among the best personal injury lawyers in the United States, Michael represented clients suffering injury or death in automobile, motorcycle and boating accidents, construction and workplace accidents, unsafe products and premises claims. He obtained compensation for clients ranging from modest amounts into many millions of dollars. He had extensive court and jury trial experience. Because of his experience, he was regularly called upon by other lawyers to serve as an arbitrator and mediator in litigation disputes.
In addition to being a skilled advocate and courtroom litigator, Michael was known for his empathy towards others and his qualities as a good listener and negotiator. For Michael, clients and their families were his most important priority. He was especially touched and gratified when former clients continue to tell him that the help he provided during a difficult time made a significant difference in their lives.
Michael also was a lecturer, trial advocacy skills, and supervisor of a clinical trial program at the University of Wisconsin Law School.
- Wisconsin Association of Justice
- Hospice Volunteer - Agrace Hospice Care
- Men's Homeless Shelter Volunteer
- Past President - Madison Area Homeowners Association - 600 Homes
- Past President Dane County Bar Association
- Past President Dane County Bar Association Mediation Committee
Awards & Recognitions
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Wisconsin – National Trial Lawyers Association
- Best Lawyers® – Best Lawyers in America – Since 2005
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers®
- “Top Lawyer” – Madison Magazine