Sarah E. SchuchardtAttorney
- Email Me
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Download V-Card
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
- B.A., with honors, Hamilton College
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
Sarah is an associate in DeWitt’s Family Law practice group, where she specializes in representing individuals in family law proceedings. She handles matters such as divorce, paternity, custody and placement, child support, adoption, prenuptial agreements and more. Sarah is creative, patient, and curious.
Sarah has experience representing clients in highly-contested cases, including at trial. Her experience includes representing a client in a 7-day contested divorce trial on issues involving legal custody, physical placement, child support, maintenance, and property division. She has also handled court trials on post-judgment motions to modify legal custody, physical placement, maintenance, and child support. Sarah also has experience representing clients in mediation.
Prior to joining DeWitt, she worked on a wide range of legal matters, including representing individuals in criminal proceedings, administrative appeals of substantiations and final determinations of neglect/maltreatment, an interlocutory appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, assisting in attorney disciplinary proceedings, compliance with plant closing procedures, obtaining liquor licensing, and Department of Transportation (DOT) license and registration issues. While in law school, Sarah was a managing editor on the Wisconsin International Law Journal and was the finance chair for the Public Interest Law Foundation.
In her spare time, Sarah enjoys spending time with family, playing and watching sports, and reading. Sarah is a proud Green Bay Packers Shareholder.
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, Dane County Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, James E. Doyle Inns of Court
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Volunteer, Andover Alumni Representative Interviewer for Phillips Academy Andover
Articles & Presentations
Attorney Fees, Costs, and Other Expenses – Obtaining Sanctions and Recovering Attorneys’ Fees in Civil and Family Law Cases in Wisconsin" – DeWitt LLP Family Law News Feed