Mitchell is an associate in the Minneapolis office supporting the Real Estate and Business practice groups. His experience includes representing clients in matters related to mergers & acquisitions, real estate, corporate law, and general commercial issues.
In the area of real estate, he has represented developers, investors, lenders, brokers, contractors, landlords, common interest communities, property managers, manufacturers, as well as his general business clients.
His clients have included businesses from industries such as construction, manufacturing, transportation, technology, hospitality, medical, and professional services.
Mitchell lives in Minneapolis with his wife and golden retriever. When not working, he enjoys traveling with his wife, spending time with his family, and watching baseball and football.
- LegalCorps – Volunteer Attorney
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section
- NAIOP – Minnesota Chapter – Member
- Longfellow Community Council – Board of Directors
- Equitable Housing and Development Committee – Committee Member
Articles & Presentations
- Co-Presenter "Transferring and Terminating Family Interests in Real Property" – Hennepin County Bar Association, October 2021
- Co-Presenter "Annual Real Property Case Law Update" – Hennepin County Bar Association, Real Property Section September 14, 2022
Awards & Recognitions
- 2023 Minnesota Rising Star
- Worked on multiple mergers & acquisitions transactions greater than one hundred million dollars
- Provided corporate legal guidance on entity formations, shareholder and partnership agreements, securities, succession planning, emerging companies, joint ventures, and equity compensation
- Assisted clients with real estate commercial purchases and sales, leasing, title and survey reviews, land use, easements and access, residential matters, development, historic property redevelopment, water rights and environmental matters
- Provided general commercial law guidance for commercial contract drafting and review on a wide range of matters including services, supply, manufacturing, SaaS, technology, construction, financial services, government, intellectual property licensing, and waivers and assumptions of risk
Service Area Subspecialties
- Mergers & Acquisitions