- J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law
- B.A., University of Minnesota – Minneapolis
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Tom, a retired attorney, graduated from the University of Minnesota where he earned his Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree. While employed as a registered patent agent at Univac and at Minneapolis Honeywell, he attended William Mitchell College of Law where he obtained his Juris Doctorate degree, cum laude. He is admitted to the Minnesota State Bar and the Federal Bars and is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals – Federal Circuit and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Tom has special expertise in complex electronic and computer systems and in the biomedical fields. He has frequently been called upon by his peers to serve as an “expert” in litigation involving patent related issues.
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association (Past President, Past Secretary and Vice President)
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association