- J.D., cum laude, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude, North Dakota State University
- U.S. District Court - District of Minnesota
Michael joined the firm as an associate attorney in 2021. He has assisted partners with a range of matters including drafting discovery requests and summary judgment briefs for a $10 million construction, property disclosure and partnership dispute lawsuits. Michael has worked on numerous memoranda involving the topics of tax law, employment, bankruptcy, and shareholder disputes. Additionally, he has experience with health care directives, revocable trust amendments and compliance policies.
Prior to joining DeWitt, Michael was a certified student attorney for the Trademark Practice Clinic and the Bankruptcy Litigation Clinic. While in the Trademark Practice Clinic he conducted clearance searches of marks clients intended to register and drafted opinion letters for clients, filed trademark applications for the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and responded to USPTO office actions and opposing marks and drafted written discovery requests. During his time with the Bankruptcy Clinic, Michael prepared answers, drafted written discovery requests, drafted complaints, conducted client interviews, and drafted responses to comprehensive written discovery requests.
Michael also has experience volunteering for the Minnesota Justice Foundation and working as a Public Affairs Intern with the Home Builders Association of Fargo-Moorhead where he assisted the CEO and VP in tracking relevant legislation and communicated with various elected officials.
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Law School Engagement Committee (June 2020 – Present)
- Hennepin County Bar Association (October 2018 to Present)
- Longfellow Elementary School, French Instructor (February 2016 to May 2016)