Michael J. PfauAttorney
- Email Me
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Download V-Card
- J.D., cum laude, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude, North Dakota State University
- U.S. District Court - District of Minnesota
- United States Tax Court
Michael is an associate attorney in DeWitt’s Litigation Practice Group. He has experience in conducting research, drafting legal documents, conducting and defending depositions, and managing written discovery. He has first-chair trial experience and has conducted oral arguments at the Minnesota Court of Appeals. He also has experience in administrative appeals with both the Minnesota Department of Revenue and the Internal Revenue Service. He has also successfully settled multiple disputes before the need for litigation.
Prior to joining DeWitt, Michael was a certified student attorney for the Trademark Practice Clinic and the Bankruptcy Litigation Clinic. While in the Trademark Practice Clinic he conducted clearance searches of marks clients intended to register and drafted opinion letters for clients, filed trademark applications for the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and responded to USPTO office actions and opposing marks and drafted written discovery requests. During his time with the Bankruptcy Clinic, Michael prepared answers, drafted written discovery requests, drafted complaints, conducted client interviews, and drafted responses to comprehensive written discovery requests.Michael also has experience volunteering for Volunteer Lawyers Network in landlord-tenant matters and tax disputes.
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Law School Engagement Committee (June 2020 – May 2021)
- Minnesota State Bar Association, New Lawyers Section and Labor and Employment Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association (October 2018 to Present)
- Longfellow Elementary School, French Instructor (February 2016 to May 2016)