- J.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School
- B.A., college honors, Washington University in St. Louis
Cecilia is an attorney in DeWitt’s Business and Real Estate practice groups. She has experience representing businesses ranging from small privately held companies to large Fortune 500 corporations in a variety of matters including stock and asset acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, and reorganizations. Cecilia also assists her clients with their ongoing corporate governance needs and has guided both investors and emerging growth companies through debt and equity financings.
Prior to joining DeWitt, Cecilia was a Corporate & Securities associate in the Chicago and Palo Alto offices of a large international law firm. Her clients have spanned many industries including banking, insurance, manufacturing, automotive, gaming, food and beverage, agribusiness, commercial real estate, and tech. In the pro bono arena, Cecilia has provided legal advice to nonprofits and startups related to entity formation and corporate governance.
Cecilia graduated cum laude from the University of Wisconsin Law School. During her time in school, she served as Senior Articles Editor of the Wisconsin Law Review and provided free legal services to startups in the Madison area through the University of Wisconsin Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic. She also had the pleasure of working as a Judicial Intern for former Chief Justice Shirley S. Abrahamson of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Cecilia is a Madison native and takes pride in serving the community that raised her. A self-described “people person,” she enjoys getting to know her clients on a personal level and finding creative solutions to fit their specific needs.
- Dane County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Legal Association for Women (“LAW”)
- Overture Center for the Arts – Development Committee Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Illinois
Awards & Recognitions
- University of Wisconsin Law School - Best Appellate Brief Competition Semi-finalist
- Gwynette Smalley Law Review Prize
- Former Senior Articles Editor and Co-Chair of Diversity Committee, Wisconsin Law Review