- J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO)
Adam’s practice focuses on general litigation. He has more than seven years of intellectual property experience and has represented clients in an array of IP matters, including patent litigation, patent enforcement, trademark litigation, trademark prosecution, false advertising litigation, and copyright enforcement. Adam is well-versed in the various stages of litigation, from the pleadings through appeal.
In addition to his intellectual property litigation experience, Adam prepared and prosecuted patent applications and worked as a law clerk for a local medical device company. He also has technical experience as an Engineering Intern where he was the inventor on U.S. Pat. No. 9,551,072.
Before joining Dewitt, Adam served as a visiting and then an assistant Minneapolis City Attorney, where he prosecuted gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor cases, which included trying cases before juries and litigating constitutional issues. During his time there, he also completed Drug Recognition Evaluator (DRE) classroom training and prosecuted DRE cases.
- Represented the State of Minnesota in criminal trials, which included four jury trials and one bench trial
- Represented a party bus company as appellee in trademark matter before the Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and had the district court’s judgement affirmed on both issues
- Represented an eyewear manufacturer and implemented a multi-lawsuit trade dress enforcement strategy to stop infringement or to obtain license agreements with competitors
- Represented a consumer products company, implemented lawsuit/cease-and-desist letter campaign for design and utility patents related, and secured a consent judgment and settlement agreements
- Represented client in the agricultural equipment industry as third-chair counsel, which included examining a third-party witness and preparing motions in limine, exhibit lists, jury instructions, witness examination outlines, and trial briefs
Service Area Subspecialties
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Litigation
- Trademark Litigation