Michelle joined DeWitt in January 2011 as the Director of Marketing. She is responsible for the marketing, communication and business development efforts of the firm. In addition to strategic business development efforts, she directs media relations, branding, advertising and website development. She manages and oversees sponsorships, events, charitable contributions, marketing training and more.
She is a member of the firm’s Management Team and participates in the strategic planning and direction of the firm’s short-term and long-term goals. She has more than 20 years of experience in the legal marketing industry. Prior to joining DeWitt she was a Marketing Director at a mid-sized Wisconsin based firm, and was also a Client Relations Manager at an AMLAW 200 National firm.
In 2011, she led DeWitt in rebranding its logo and redesigning its website. The website was honored during the Legal Marketing Association’s Midwest Chapter 2012 Your Honor Awards as the best law firm website in the Midwest. In 2008, she also led the branding efforts of a law firm with the creation of a new website, logo, advertising campaign and promotional incentives. The campaign was recognized by the Legal Marketing Association's Midwest Chapter as the best identity launch in the Midwest among law firms across five states. The campaign earned the firm two Your Honor Awards for excellence in its identity launch and promotional campaign.
Michelle is a proud veteran of the United States Army Military Intelligence Corps where she served four years on active duty as an Arabic Linguist, with an emphasis in Egyptian dialect. She worked at the American Embassy in Cairo during a summer internship and was also stationed in Georgia, Northern California, Texas and South Carolina during her enlistment.
She attended the American University in Cairo where she graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in Mass Communications. Her academic focus was on Journalism and Middle Eastern Studies. She also received her linguistic certification from the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center-Presidio of Monterey California, where she studied Modern Standard Arabic.
- "The Gift of Christine M. Reed – Always Faithful," Fisher House Wisconsin, December 2020
- "It Is Not Just Any 1952 Chevy – It Once Belonged to an Army Airborne Veteran and a Marine Corps Scout Sniper," Fisher House Wisconsin, August 2020
- Panelist - "Leaders Converse: Empowering Your Voice,” featured a discussion hosted by UWM Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business among seven female leaders in Wisconsin, moderated by Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch, August 2018
- “Departing Your Law Firm,” Wisconsin Law Journal, March 2011
- “Choosing Sponsorships with Care,” Wisconsin Law Journal, November 2009
- “From Bay View to Mequon but not Forgotten,” The BayViewer, 2008
- “Poor Communication Skills Can Ruin Your Reputation,” Wisconsin Law Journal, April 2007
- “Client Relationships Built on Communication and Responsiveness,” Wisconsin Law Journal, March 2006