We attribute our success of being one of Wisconsin’s top ten law firms to hiring and developing talented, committed professionals and providing an environment where diversity is embraced and potential can be fulfilled. With offices in Wisconsin and Minnesota, we are proud to employ nearly 250 attorneys and professionals. DeWitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DeWitt LLP seeks a full-time legal assistant with at least three years of recent law firm experience (strongly prefer experience with mergers & acquisitions, real estate, contracts, trusts and estates) for its Madison, WI location. Must be a team player, detail-oriented, hard worker, have strong communication skills, experience with Microsoft Office and other software, and manage multiple attorneys' workflow.
- Drafting, proofreading, and assembling documents and correspondence;
- Communicating directly with clients;
- Proactively managing files and workflow;
- Client billing activities including time entry, proofreading, modifying, and sending client invoices; and
- Meeting with clients to witness documents and for other reasons.
Required Skills: Prior law firm experience required. Telephone and meeting etiquette, oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism, organization, planning, proofreading, grammatical skills, time management, ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of work, computer literacy, and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Professionalism, communication, courtesy, and respect are the foundation of DeWitt's work environment and culture.
This is a full-time position that offers the following benefits, each with specific criteria for participation: Retirement Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, Vision insurance, Pet Insurance, Tenure bonus, Paid time off, Paid holidays and more.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour unpaid lunch break. This is an in-person position.
COVID and Interview Procedures:
The initial stages of screening and interviewing will be conducted virtually. DeWitt maintains a mask policy, socially distanced work areas, and sanitary cleaning procedures at all of its locations.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Members of our firm enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including a Retirement Saving Plan with no waiting period with all contributions 100% vested. Participants in the 401(k) plan receive monthly firm contributions to their plans based on a percentage of their salaries. Employees receive paid time off and paid holidays. In addition we offer:
- Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Parking and Alternative Transportation Programs
- Firm members may also elect to purchase optional benefits such as dental insurance, vision insurance, dependent life insurance, supplemental life insurance, supplemental accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and pet insurance.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Flexible Work Arrangements – Associates
- The firm recognizes that a flexible work arrangement can provide work-life balance, increase productivity, and engender loyalty and higher morale among our associates. To this end, the firm provides laptop computers, remote access to a secure network, cell phone reimbursement and assigned staff to support a flexible work schedule for attorneys. Flexible work schedules can take the form of working nontraditional hours or working remotely, whether on an intermittent or regular basis. The firm also offers regular part-time arrangements when appropriate.
Parental Leave Policy – Associates
- The firm provides up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth of a child and to care for and bond with an associate’s newborn or adopted child. If the associate gives birth, she is entitled to six weeks leave for childbirth and six weeks leave for other parental leave for a total of 12 weeks. If the associate is not the parent giving birth, the associate is provided six weeks of paid parental leave.