We attribute our success of being one of Wisconsin’s top ten law firms to hiring and developing talented, committed professionals and providing an environment where diversity is embraced and potential can be fulfilled. With offices in Wisconsin and Minnesota, we are proud to employ nearly 250 attorneys and professionals. DeWitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1.4.2021 - Full-time Legal Assistant - Madison Office
DeWitt LLP Law seeks a full-time legal assistant with at least one-three years of experience in a legal, financial, or administrative field for its Madison, WI location. Must be a team player, extremely organized and detail-oriented, have strong communication skills including being comfortable initiating phone contact with clients, lawyers, doctors, and other professionals, experience with Microsoft Office, and the ability to manage the workflow from a very busy attorney practicing in assisted reproduction and adoption services, with the potential for supporting multiple attorneys in the future. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Drafting, proofreading, and assembling documents;
- Communicating directly with clients, courts, and other professionals;
- Proactively managing files, deadlines, filing, and workflow;
- Client billing activities, including time entry, proofreading, modifying, sending client invoices, and submitting expenses.
Telephone and Meeting Etiquette, Oral and Written Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Professionalism, Organization, Planning, Proofreading and Grammatical Skills, Time Management, Computer Literacy, and Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Professionalism, communication, courtesy, and respect are the foundation of DeWitt's work environment and culture.
This is a full-time position that offers the following benefits, each with specific criteria for participation: Retirement savings plan, Profit sharing, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, Vision insurance, Pet Insurance, Tenure bonus, Paid time off, Paid holidays and more.
Schedule: Monday – Friday; eight-and-a-half-hour shift with a one-hour unpaid lunch break. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of our firm enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including a Retirement Saving Plan with no waiting period with all contributions 100% vested. Participants in the 401(k) plan receive monthly firm contributions to their plans based on a percentage of their salaries. Employees receive paid time off and paid vacations. In addition we offer:
- Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Parking and Alternative Transportation Programs
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Firm members may also elect to purchase optional benefits through pre-tax deductions such as dental insurance, dependent life insurance, supplemental life insurance, and supplemental accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Flexible Work Arrangements – Associates
- The firm recognizes that a flexible work arrangement can provide work-life balance, increase productivity, and engender loyalty and higher morale among our associates. To this end, the firm provides laptop computers, remote access to a secure network, cell phone reimbursement and assigned staff to support a flexible work schedule for attorneys. Flexible work schedules can take the form of working nontraditional hours or working remotely, whether on an intermittent or regular basis. The firm also offers regular part-time arrangements when appropriate.
Parental Leave Policy – Associates
- The firm provides up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth of a child and to care for and bond with an associate’s newborn or adopted child. If the associate gives birth, she is entitled to six weeks leave for childbirth and six weeks leave for other parental leave for a total of 12 weeks. If the associate is not the parent giving birth, the associate is provided six weeks of paid parental leave.