We attribute our success of being one of Wisconsin’s top ten law firms to hiring and developing talented, committed professionals and providing an environment where diversity is embraced and potential can be fulfilled. With offices in Wisconsin and Minnesota, we are proud to employ nearly 250 attorneys and professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Family Law Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal (Six Month Assignment)
DeWitt LLP has an open position for a temporary full-time Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal in its Minneapolis office. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of responsibility, teamwork, and dedication to accuracy and thoroughness in work product, and must be able to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
A two-year degree or equivalent certification and a minimum of two years legal experience in family law and litigation is required. Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and competency with technology. Professionalism, communication, courtesy, and respect are the foundation of DeWitt's work environment and culture.
The Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal will provide support to attorneys and prepare, proofread, revise, and save correspondences and drafts of documents. This position will coordinate appointments, and correspond with counsel, courts and clients. Additional tasks will involve document reproduction, such as printing, copying, scanning, and client file maintenance. Duties will also include assistance with client billing activities, including time entry, proofreading, modifying, and sending client invoices.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Please submit your confidential resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of our firm enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including a Retirement Saving Plan with no waiting period with all contributions 100% vested. Participants in the 401(k) plan receive monthly firm contributions to their plans based on a percentage of their salaries. Employees receive paid time off and paid vacations. In addition we offer:
- Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Parking and Alternative Transportation Programs
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Firm members may also elect to purchase optional benefits through pre-tax deductions such as dental insurance, dependent life insurance, supplemental life insurance, and supplemental accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Flexible Work Arrangements – Associates
- The firm recognizes that a flexible work arrangement can provide work-life balance, increase productivity, and engender loyalty and higher morale among our associates. To this end, the firm provides laptop computers, remote access to a secure network, cell phone reimbursement and assigned staff to support a flexible work schedule for attorneys. Flexible work schedules can take the form of working nontraditional hours or working remotely, whether on an intermittent or regular basis. The firm also offers regular part-time arrangements when appropriate.
Parental Leave Policy – Associates
- The firm provides up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth of a child and to care for and bond with an associate’s newborn or adopted child. If the associate gives birth, she is entitled to six weeks leave for childbirth and six weeks leave for other parental leave for a total of 12 weeks. If the associate is not the parent giving birth, the associate is provided six weeks of paid parental leave.