Kevin approaches his litigation and general business practice with a unique combination of business sense and attorney savvy.
While he is never afraid to take an issue to court, he realizes that often a client’s best result is obtained prior to filing suit. By making the right moves early on, many times he has obtained for the firm’s clients the resolution they seek, without committing the extra resources necessary to litigate a matter.
As a trusted business advisor, Kevin utilizes his experience as a litigator to help his clients avoid trouble before it starts. He understands not only the financial worth of a business but its emotional worth as well. Kevin’s goal is to help clients spend more enjoying the pursuit of success without worrying about potential legal pitfalls.
Kevin typically represents individuals and small to mid-sized businesses in a variety of litigation matters including personal injury matters, business disputes, disputes with insurance companies, and consumer law matters. Examples of the types of businesses Kevin personally represents are a manufacturing firm with facilities in Wisconsin and Minnesota, a well-known design/build firm, a home health care provider, and an international customs broker. Kevin also assists the shareholders in the firm in their representation of some of the firm’s largest clients.
“When my company was faced with suing an insurance company for more than $400,000 in unpaid bills I was very concerned that I would not be able to collect the vast majority of that money, or it would take years for the case to resolve. But Kevin was able to put us in a position where the insurance company had no choice but to pay all of the outstanding bills without ever going to court.” – Kim J., Owner and CEO of Home Health Care Provider
“Kevin was extremely helpful in assisting me when my business partner and I wanted to purchase commercial real estate and utilize it to house our manufacturing company. I go to Kevin for a variety of legal questions whether it’s involving employee matters, contracts, or whatever other issues my business faces.” – Luther L., Managing Member of Manufacturing Business
- Kevin has substantial experience litigating cases in both state and federal court, and has obtained favorable results for clients at both the trial court and appellate levels.
- Recovered more than $700,000 for a business client based on the bad faith of its insurer.
- Obtained a six-figure judgment for a business client based on the fraud of one of its vendors.
- Saved his client from exposure to the personal injury caused by one of its employees by successfully pursuing a claim against its insurance agent for negligently failing to provide coverage.
- Successfully pursued a claim against one of America’s largest banks based on violations of consumer law.
- Obtained a settlement award of over $20,000 against a local automobile dealer based on a fraudulent charge to his client of less than $500.
- Kevin has obtained successful reversals of trial court opinions at both the Wisconsin Court of Appeals and the Seventh Circuit.
- He has also assisted other attorneys in the office in some of the firm’s biggest litigation matters.