Jordan is an associate in DeWitt’s Litigation and Labor & Employment Relations practice groups. She is dedicated to providing top-quality legal services for all of her clients. Jordan has helped a wide range of clients, including individuals, small businesses, corporations, and municipalities. She worked as a law clerk at DeWitt while she was in law school before starting work as an attorney.
Jordan has experience advising companies on employment issues from hiring to termination and defending those companies when disputes arise. She helps advise companies on compliant policies and procedures under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act (WFEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and many other federal and state laws. Jordan routinely drafts employment agreements containing post-employment restrictive covenants. She also advises companies on Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, compliance, investigations, and litigation.
When disputes arise, Jordan steps in to help clients effectively navigate litigation. She has helped represent clients in insurance coverage disputes, intellectual property disputes, commercial and contract litigation, and construction disputes. Jordan has experience litigating cases in state and federal court. She also frequently helps employers respond to complaints filed with administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Wisconsin’s Department of Workforce Development (DWD).
Articles & Presentations
- “Department of Labor Announces New Proposed Overtime Rule,” DeWitt Employment Law Blog, March 2019
- “Time to Reconsider Your Non-Solicitation Agreement?” DeWitt Employment Law Blog, January 2017
- Co-Presenter: “Violence In The Workplace,” DeWitt HR Roundtable, June 2016
- “The EEOC’s New Policy Regarding Disclosure of Position Statements Gives Employees the Last Word,” DeWitt Employment Law Blog, March 2016
- “The NLRB Redefines the Joint Employer Standard,” DeWitt Employment Law Blog, December 2015
- “Are You Keeping Pace With The Times?—Transgender Status in the Workplace,” DeWitt Employment Law Blog, June 2015
- “Seventh Circuit Finds Confidentiality Agreement Unenforceable,” DeWitt Employment Law Blog, February 2015
- “To Pay or Not to Pay: What Counts as Time Worked Under the FLSA,” DeWitt Employment Law Blog, February 2015
- Presenter: “Schools in the Age of Social Media,” January 2015
- Co-Presenter: “Overview of OSHA Regulations and Issues for Dairy Farms,” Webinar, December 2014
- Presenter: “No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Remembering Your Ethical Duties in Situations with Family and Friends,” 2014 DeWitt Ethics Seminar, November 2014