Catherine focuses her practice in the area of Family Law where she assists clients with a variety of issues ranging from divorce to child custody and post decree matters. She has a keen sense of the practice area and works diligently to guide her clients through what can sometimes be a very difficult period in their lives. Her goal is to obtain the most equitable and reasonable outcome for her clients.
In addition to her legal experience, Catherine has a background in government and media relations honed while serving as a lobbyist at the Minnesota legislature. She also has extensive experience with nonprofit management and governance acquired during her tenure as a nonprofit executive and member of several boards of directors. Her public policy and media communications background lend strength to her presence in the courtroom.
In her spare time, Catherine manages the Hounds of Finn, a Celtic Americana Folk band based in Saint Paul, and has acted in community theater productions.
Catherine assists individuals in need of family law guidance related to divorce, child custody, mediation, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements and more.
- Worked with senior and managing partners in a busy family law practice in dissolution, child custody, domestic violence, and post-decree matters.
- Represented clients at evidentiary, motion, and administrative hearings, mediations, and depositions.
- Negotiated favorable settlements for clients through settlement conferences and mediations.
- Authored, co-authored, or contributed to Minnesota Supreme Court briefs and Minnesota Court of Appeals briefs.
- Provided representation to small businesses from start-up through ongoing operations and wind-down.
- Won defense verdict in breach of contract bench trial.