Blending his knowledge of business with his experience as a former in-house general counsel, Brad is positioned to offer his clients business-focused legal advice to successfully meet their goals. In particular he focuses on the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and franchise law. He routinely represents clients on the legal, financial and transactional issues arising from the purchase or sale of a business. Additionally, Brad acts as outside general counsel for numerous business clients.
Brad’s clients come from a variety of business industries and, in particular, Brad has significant experience working with the manufacturing sectors including large paper/corrugated manufacturers, transportation/trucking companies, commercial construction companies and renewable energy producers. He has also represented software development companies, professional service providers and a variety of start-up companies.
The wide array of large, sophisticated transactions he has worked on with his clients include:
- Represented a large paper company in the drafting and negotiation of the primary construction contract for the largest environmental remediation in the history of the State of Wisconsin.
- Represented the management of a large commercial printing company in a leveraged buy-out of company assets with multiple tiers of debt and equity.
- Represented a large paper company in the strategic acquisition of an approximately $45 million paper and printing company.
- Represented a renewable energy manufacturer in the negotiation of an Enterprise Zone Tax Credit Agreement with the State of Wisconsin resulting in potential refundable tax credits in excess of $25 million.
- Represented the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance in the sale and subsequent liquidation of a large health maintenance organization with revenue of approximately $140 million.
- Represented one of the largest chiropractic services companies in the United States in the acquisition and sale of multiple branch clinics.
- Represented a renewable energy manufacturing business in the license of patent rights and large-scale product purchase agreements.
- Represented a publicly-traded software company in the license of key software development rights for product expansion.
Articles & Presentations
- Co-author of the “Warranties, Disclaimers, and Limitations of Remedy” section of the State Bar treatise on Contract Law
- Author of “M&A Deal Structures: Recent Trends” Chapter for M&A Deal Strategies (2010 Edition)
- Author of “Legal Issues of Limited Term Assistance” in Wisconsin Meetings Magazine